Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Journey Continues...

Wednesday, March 28th. Approximately a year ago my mom started complaining of stomach pains...a year later and a pancreatic cancer diagnosis, surgery and countless chemotherapy sessions later we are at a crossroads. Honestly I was sure today would bring promising news. I dreamt of a celebratory lunch, maybe a discussion surrounding her new hairstyle, a manicure and hair color. I wanted to put a smile and project a strong beam of hope for my mom today. Instead I froze as her oncologist shared some news about her latest CAT scan findings. A tumor they said. More chemo she said. Possibly more radiation therapy. I saw my Mom's eyes project a deep sadness, a worry and a pensiveness that I knew ran deep.

Today was supposed to be something else. I wasn't supposed to have cried in front of her. But I did. Our journey and fight continues and I will not take this struggle lightly. I know what we need to keep doing, I just hope that together an with God's blessings that this time next year we will be in a better and happier place.

No comments: